From downtown Ithaca, New York, follow NY 13 south for 3.9 miles. At the split for NY 13 and NY 34 and NY 96, there will be a gravel pullout to the left. Turn left into the gravel drive and park at the base.
A secondary access point is located along Town Line Road. From downtown Ithaca, New York, follow NY 13 south for 1.2 miles. Turn left onto Sand Bank Road and follow for 1.6 miles. Turn right onto Town Line Road and park on the shoulder.
- Parking: There is room for 6 or 7 vehicles along the gravel parking area along NY 13, and for 3 or 4 vehicles along Town Line Road.
- Address: 1027 Elmira Road, Newfield, New York
- Latitude and Longitude: 42.399430, -76.536639
Recommended Viewing Times
Visiting the waterfalls at Sweedler and Thayer Nature Preserve is best during the spring after heavy rains for water flow and autumn for the color. The waterfall can become a low or a trickle during the hot summer months.
- Admission: Free.
- Handicap Accessibility: No.
- Pets: Allowed if leashed.
- Swimming: Not allowed.