From Ithaca, New York, follow NY 89 north for 9 miles. The Gorge Trail parking area is on the left with a larger parking area on the right. The Taughannock Falls Gorge Overlook is located along the western rim, accessible from both NY 89 and Falls/Jacksonville Road on the west side of Taughannock Creek.
- Parking: There is room for numerous vehicles along NY 89 for the Gorge Trail and along the western rim at the Taughannock Falls overlook. Parking is not allowed along state park roadways.
- Address: 1740 Taughannock Blvd., Trumansburg, New York
- Latitude and Longitude: 42.540049, -76.603883
Recommended Viewing Times
Visiting Taughannock Falls is best during the spring for water flow and autumn for the color. The waterfall can become a lower during the hot summer months. The park can be crowded during weekends.
- Admission: $8/vehicle at the entrances along NY 89. Free elsewhere.
- Handicap Accessibility: The Gorge Trail and Taughannock Falls overlook is handicap accessible. The Cayuga Lake park is also accessible.
- Pets: Allowed if leashed.
- Swimming: Not allowed in the creek or lake.