Constructed in 1836 by Salmond Emmons III, the crossing was rehabilitated in 1869, 1910 and 1952. A laminated wooden arch was added in the early 20th century to provide greater load carrying capacity. In 2011, the southern span was severely damaged by flooding and was reconstructed in 2013.
From Woodstock, Vermont, follow US 4 east for 3.5 miles. Turn left onto Covered Bridge Road.